The Type of Personal Information We May Collect
Information You Provide
If you are a putative Class Member registering or submitting claims for benefits from the Lincoln Park Settlement on the Websites, you may be required to provide certain Personal Information in connection with your claim. Examples of Personal Information that may be collected on the Websites include but are not limited to: name, address, email address, phone number, birth date, tax identification or Social Security number, property and utilities records, and other personal and financial information as deemed necessary for the qualification and processing of your claim by the Special Master and the Courts.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the Websites, the Legal Administrators may additionally collect Internet or other electronic network activity information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Websites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Websites, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect and analyze information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve the Websites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Websites are popular and count visits and track and analyze your activity. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used across the Websites and help deliver cookies, count visits, track your activity, understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
How Personal Information May Be Used
The Personal Information you provide and which we collect automatically may be used to prove your eligibility for participation in the settlement, to process your claim, to distribute any settlement benefits to which you’re entitled, to provide notifications and claim status updates, or to otherwise help the Legal Administrators comply with their duties under the Settlement or comply with relevant laws and regulations.
The Personal Information you provide and which we collect may additionally be used by the Legal Administrators and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and activity on the Websites.
When Personal Information May Be Shared
The Legal Administrators may share Personal Information for the purposes mentioned above with:
- Counsel, contractors, vendors, subsidiaries, or other third parties associated with Signal Interactive Media, LLC and/or Wolf Garretson, LLC;
- Services providers in connection with the operation of this website and the Legal Administrators, including website hosting and the provision of technology-related services; and,
- Public authorities, government regulators or other law enforcement officials and the Courts, as required or permitted by law or when compelled by a binding order.
The Legal Administrators will not rent, sell, or otherwise disclose Personal Information for purposes not described herein.
This website is not intended for children and does not intentionally target or solicit children 18 years of age and younger.
Security of Personal Information
The Legal Administrators will take precautions to ensure the security of Personal Information, including storing and destroying it in a manner that prevents loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access to the information, and in a manner that is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
The Legal Administrators cannot warrant or guarantee the security of any Personal Information transmitted via the Websites, or be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of that Personal Information.
Information contained in the Websites does not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed between the Legal Administrators and users of this website.
About this Policy